[Rom 3:11 NLT] 11 No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God.
Sunday January 22, 2017 sermon titled: Teach me how to stand Lord!
Posted by Freddy Santos Jr. on Sunday, 22 January 2017
Lord teach us how to fight the Spiritual Warfare!
- God saw David not for his physical attributes, and abilities, he looked at David’s heart
- Youngest of 8 brothers
- Anointed by God’s prophet to Reign and Rule
- After He was anointed, the Spirit of the Lord came powerfully on him from that day on.
- Allowed Him to play his harp and bring deliverance
- His reputation with Saul’s men was a talented Harp player, brave warrior, a man of war, good judgment, a fine looking young man who walked with the Lord.
With all of those attributes and powerful anointing:
- God sent him to serve the King
- Serving shows Honor
- Honor speaks more about you than the person you are honoring.
Before David fought Goliath:
- He served in the House of Saul, and grew in responsibility
- He also served his father’s house.
The Three types of people who are in our life right now!
The Yesterday people in your life
- His brother Eliab was selected by Saul, but rejected by God
- For God said “Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him.” (1 Sam. 16:7a)
- We get a glimpse of why God may have rejected him in 1 Sam. 17:28-29
- “But when David’s oldest brother, Eliab, heard David talking to the men, he was angry. ‘What are you doing around here anyway?’ he demanded. ‘What about those few sheep you’re supposed to be taking care of? I know about your pride and deceit. You just want to see the battle!”. ‘What have I done now?’ David replied. ‘I was only asking a question!'”
- He judged David by what he knew of him from the Past, although David’s reputation spoke differently .
- David’s response was telling: “What have I done now?” as to imply that Eliab was always judging David about something.
The Today people:
- 1st Samuel 16:21 says “So David went to Saul and began to serve him. Saul loved David very much, and David became his armor bearer”
- Saul was good with David as long as he saw him as his servant.
- But he didn’t see David as a man to be used by God. In response to David’s assurance that he would be successful, Saul in 1st Samuel 17:33 says to David “Don’t be ridiculous!” Saul replied. “There is no way you can fight his Philistine and possibly win! You’re only a boy, and he’s been a man of war since his youth.
- Today people can only take you so far…
- They only accept you while they can believe that they are better than you, and you need them!
- If you are going to learn how to Stand against the Spirit of Fear, you will need to shake loose of the opinions of Today people who are not there to help you become what God has called you to be!
- Jealously and rage eventually overtook Saul, but Honor never departed David’s heart towards the King.
The tomorrow people, future bearers:
- Johnathan, Saul’s son was a today person who became a tomorrow person!
- Willing to see in him David’s potential
- Willing to lay down his own life for David’s victory
- Willing to stand for David, even when others did not.
God’s victory will come as you surround yourself with God ordained people who are going to take you to where you need to go.